5 Tips For Writing Better Characters (https://goo.gl/q15EDK)
When you’re writing a screenplay, all of the elements need to come together in harmony. The one thing that can easily make or break a screenplay is your characters.
Here are 5 tips for writing better characters.
- Make your protagonist likable right away. If you want your audience to root for your main character, you need to give them a reason to like them early on. This is gravely important because without someone to root for, your story has nothing going for it.
- Be realistic and detailed. The details surrounding your character should all reflect who they are in a realistic way, from the car they drive to how they drink their coffee.
- Allow your story to unfold naturally. You should go into the writing process with a story outline, but allow yourself some breathing room to let the character drive the story.
- Gift your character with compelling dialogue. Every character in your screenplay should have compelling and interesting dialogue. Dialogue can tell us who a character is, where they’re from, how educated they are, and more.
- Think like an actor. Actors talk about needing a point of view, so give that to them through their character.
If you’re looking for a hard-working team of professionals to help you with your next video project, visit our website to see our work and request a quote: https://goo.gl/BLaTps
#Video #Film #NewOrleans #NewOrleansLA #Louisiana